How to Get a No-Makeup Makeup Look
How to Get a No-Makeup Makeup Look
Getting all dolled up is certainly fun; however, there are days when you want something more subtle. But then, how do you get that chic no-makeup makeup look? That’s the question that we will answer. Here, you will find tips on creating perfect natural makeup looks and products to use for the best results. Keep reading to find out.
Getting all dolled up is certainly fun; however, there are days when you want something more subtle. But then, how do you get that chic no-makeup makeup look? That’s the question that we will answer.
Here, you will find tips on creating perfect natural makeup looks and products to use for the best results. Keep reading to find out.
Tips to Help You Get a Natural No-Makeup Makeup Look
Our team of professional makeup artists has come up with a step-by-step guide on how you can nail the natural makeup look in 20 minutes. Less talk, more action; here are 12 tips to help you.
- Prep Your Skin: Think of your skin as the canvas for everything else. Getting a flawless no-makeup look depends largely on your skincare routine. Please take a look at some of our specially formulated products, or get in touch with our skincare experts to get started.
So, if you want to nail the no-makeup makeup look, you must take the time to prep your skin. Start by cleansing your skin and hydrating it. Once that’s done, apply a blurring primer for a smooth and even surface. Choosing a primer best suited for your face type would be ideal for getting the best results.
- Skip the Foundation: Now is not the time to reach out for a heavy foundation coat since you are trying to achieve a more natural look. However, if you insist on applying foundation, choose one that is lightweight so that you can cover your face without overdoing it.
BSKIN Smart Skin Cream is a smart choice. The lightweight multi-tasking cream doubles as a foundation; the best part is that your skin remains hydrated all day long! Oh, lest we forget, this all-in-one daily solution also contains SPF50+/PA+++ to protect you from the harsh UV rays. Talk about a win-win.
- Conceal, Conceal, Conceal: One trick to achieving the perfect no-makeup look is knowing how to conceal your blemishes and choosing the right concealer. Apply the concealer in tiny amounts and gently blend it into your skin with your fingers. Finish by dusting some setting powder into your T-zones and under your eyes for the perfect look. If you're using BSKIN Smart Skin Cream, layer the cream over blemishes for better coverage as required.
- Add Some Blush: While some people advise that you ditch the blush, most experts believe blush helps bring the natural look together. The key is applying a tiny amount to the peaks of your cheeks. That way, you look innocent and chic. You may want to try pinching your cheeks gently to identify the best undertones for you. We recommend using BSKIN Multi-tasking Kabuki Brush for a flawless makeup application.
- Match Your Pout to Your Blush: You know what all the natural makeup looks you drool over have in common, matching pouts. Matching your lip stain with your blush allows you to achieve that fresh no-makeup makeup look. Go for soft lipstick tones that look just like your natural lips, and finish off with a lip balm to add the needed sheen.
If lipsticks are not your thing, you can switch to tinted lip balms. They add a pop of color to your lips with none of the tackiness of the regular lip gloss.
- Ditch the Bold Eye Colors: Natural makeup looks don’t require loud eye shadows. So, tone it down a notch and stick to lighter colors. You can still apply a touch of shimmery eye shadow as long as you keep it light. We’ve found that nude-colored eye shadows give your face that fresh out of bed look.
- Whip Out the Mascara: Eyeliners help define your eyes, but they don’t work well with natural makeup. However, we’ve learned a cool trick that we want to share with you – tight-lined mascara. Apply your favorite volumizing mascara as close to your lash line as possible. Repeat this step until you achieve your desired intensity.
While at it, you might as well curl your lashes to get that lazy, out-of-bed look. Try out clear mascaras if mascara is not your thing. They provide you with the same amount of definition and fullness.
- Focus on Your Brows: You want something lush and full without necessarily looking painted for this look. So, we advise you to keep it natural. Start by brushing the hair into your preferred shape with a spoolie before filling it with a brow pencil. Keep the lines wispy, then set them with brow gel, and voila, you are good to go.
- Mist Your Way to a Healthy Glow: Granted, there aren’t so many products on your face. Yet, misting with your favorite setting spray helps to give your makeup a refreshing look. Setting sprays are also great for days when your skin looks tired and needs a pick-me-up. Try out a matte setting spray – it gives you the glow and eliminates the need to touch up the makeup.
Bonus Tips: How to Apply Natural Makeup Correctly
- Don’t Be Scared to Use Your Hands: As long as your fingers are clean, you can nicely work in some products like concealer and foundation. This comes in handy when you can’t seem to find your beauty blender.
- Pay More Attention to the Center of Your Face: The center of your face is where most people focus their attention. That said, focus most of your time on making this area perfect. Of course, this means you should spend more time on your brows and lashes – once they are natural-looking, the rest of your look will come together.
- Get Cream-Based Products: We’ll leave you with this final tip. To get a seamless, natural look, reach for cream-based products. They blend in with your skin perfectly.
No-makeup makeup looks have you looking like you just woke up from sleep, with glowing, airbrushed skin! There’s no hard and fast rule to achieving this look, but of course, using the right products and techniques is key. We hope this article helps you achieve that perfect airbrushed look. Please reach out to us if you need help choosing the right skincare and makeup products.